Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Silence

Last night at Bible Study we discussed how Noise can be distracting, how it God speaks in silence.
So... I decided I wanted to hear God this morning. I decided last night actually.
Off to work this morning my purse is loaded with bottles and bottles of water, tons of evelopes, my lunch (some shrimp fried rice, thanks mom), my loud cell phone, and my CD face plate. Out of pure habit I shove my face plate in and start my car. Since it was disconnected it doesn't come on unless I turn it on. I go to turn it on... and then remember... Silence.
It takes about one minute for me to get to the red light at Cedar/Shepard that's when I decided: this is crazy, I am crazy. I continue driving. First, in complete silence; then, humming; and then, full out singing (with no accompaniment of course). After about two stop lights I feel guilty. Okay, God Silence. Speak. .... I said speak God. I am seriously listening. ....
This continues down Palm and halfway down Shaw. Silence, thinking, demanding God to speak to me. Then it happens.
I say (out loud), "Ashley, He's not talking to you."
I reply, "I know but, I am trying to listen and all I hear is your voice demanding Him to speak. You're so pushy."
"Well, I wouldn't have to be pushy if you would just listen in the first place."
This my friends is how I lost my mind.

No comments: