Sunday, June 03, 2007

May & June

May left me. I am hurt. It is June. June is hot but, May was nicer.

May brought more change, It seems change is a main component of life.

_________________________________________________________

This rant has been a long time coming.

I found out yesterday my bestfriend from grade school is engaged. This is the most recent in a number of engagement anouncements. I am sitting here thinking If they can find [mostly] somewhat decent guys that will by them a ring (in most cases) and say, "I love you, let's get married" or "I love you, let's go to Vegas." Why is its so hard to meet a DECENT, Godly, guy, who brushes his teeth, can drive, has a somewhat inspiring vocabulary, likes good music, is in love with Jesus, will stand up and be a man, can do dishes, knows how to speak three languages, will talk to my dad abut sports and politics (with out a huge agrument), can cook a turkey, knows how to paint a house, has a vast knowledge in pop culture as well as classic liturature.

I don't get it. I don't ask for much.

The only offers I get are Crazy guys who just want sex (and are very open about it), guys who are in they're late twenties and just realizing I'm a grown up now, or the ones that are covered, lterally, covered in tattoos.

I am not one of those that thinks young people shouldn't get married until the are 28-30 but, I am also not in full support of marriages that spring from desire to move out of one's parents home or to be able to have sex without guilt. It's like today there is no happy medium. Either couples get married way too young or they put it off until they're 30. Then all the fertility clinics are full of women crying because the can't conceive.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Says the girl who got married 4 months and 4 days later. Hmm.

Bite your tongue. Ashley.